a wounded heart

again and again i try
always to give in
for the sake of our marriage
altough sometimes it hurts

see the red mark on my cheek
the imprint of your hand
you often do this when you are angry
to cover up your guilt

am i like the bird over there for sale
so you can do what you like to me and hurt me
if we really break up
it wont be fate that caused it
maybe its better this way so you can be satisfied
and spread your love around

just send me home to my mother or (and) my father

once, with a handful of gold yo asked me to marry you
once, we made vows in front of witnesess - huwooo huwooo

now thats over with swallowed up by lies -huwoo huwoo
now all thats left is the story of a wounded heart

*let it be, let it be
you are sad tonight
perhaps tomorrow you will find happiness with someone else

hati yang luka - Betharia Sonatha
source: Philip Yampolsky, Hati yang Luka, an Indonesian Hits. (Journal, 1989)

No comments:

Post a Comment